This popular form of mind-body exercise has many different varieties, each with its own discipline, focus, and goals. Power yoga, for example, is designed specifically to improve muscle strength and cardiovascular endurance. The poses are challenging, and you move from one pose to the next quickly. It provides a good physical workout and, unlike some other styles of yoga that follow the same series of poses each time, power yoga classes are seldom alike. My Fitness Pakistan is bringing Hot Express Yoga in Lahore Karachi and Islamabad..
Yoga is the fountain of youth. You’re only as young as your spine is flexible..
There are a lot of positive health benefits to practicing yoga, but for most people who do it, strength is lower on the list. But yoga does develop strength in both muscle and bones. You can get stronger doing this kind of exercise.
Yoga is what we refer to as a bodyweight exercise. This means you are supporting the weight of your body when you do it. Think of being in a plank position, for instance. Your arms and your core hold up the weight of your body. Over time, this improves strength.
Here are some of the best yoga poses for strength training:
- Boat pose – works your hip flexors and abdominal muscles, creating a stronger core
- Warrior II pose – helps build your outer hips, glutes, thighs, and shoulders
- Half moon pose – get stronger thighs, ankles, core, and glutes with this pose
- Chair pose – strengthens your thighs while also stabilizing your knees and ankles
- Cobra pose – good for building muscle in your back, glutes, core, and arms
Additionally, regular cardiovascular exercise, like power yoga, can benefit you by:
- strengthening your heart and lungs
- helping control high blood pressure
- improving cholesterol levels
- controlling blood sugar levels
- building stronger bones and muscles
- helping with weight loss
- improving sleep
- boosting energy levels
- improving brain function
- lowering your risk for chronic conditions like heart disease, stroke, and diabetes